After providing a training / handover session, here's a quick checklist that our internal project team uses when launching new sites:
- Run a test of the contact form to make sure enquiries reach the client's inbox.
- For Commerce clients, ensure the notification e-mail address is set and run a test purchase (you can use direct deposit as a payment method to avoid charging your card).
- Check mobile devices to ensure layout and menu function correctly.
- Check all links and phone numbers on the website home page, contact page, and in the header and footer. A quick way to do this, is to hover over links.
- Run the link checker tool via Dashboard > Pages > Check Links.
- E-mail the client our beginner training resources in case they need assistance: https://www.oncord.com/resources/learning/
- Setup a favicon (our team uses https://www.favicon-generator.org)
- Set SEO keywords and descriptions on at least the home page.
- Add Google Tag Manager & FB Pixel if needed.
- If they're moving from an old site, ensure Page Re-directors are setup from old addresses to new (Dashboard > Website > Pages > Re-directors).
- Check sizes of images and video for impact on load time and bandwidth / storage usage. The network tab of Google Chrome dev tools is a quick, easy way to check. Otherwise check out https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Clean up the colour palette (generating a design multiple times can cause this to get messy. Check by changing the background color of a section).