Setting Up Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools
While Oncord has built in analytics (via Dashboard > Website > Analytics), Google Analytics can also be used to further measure your website's data.
This article will show you how to create your Google Analytics account, and then instruct you how to connect that account to your Oncord website.
Create a Google Analytics Account
Click this link to register a Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools account: https://www.google.com/analytics/
Enter Your Google Analytics ID
You will need to enter your GAID (Google Analytics Id) into your website design for tracking purposes. The GAID can be copied from your Google Analytics account. To set the Google Analytics Id:
- Navigate to the designs screen of the dashboard (Dashboard > Website > Designs).
- Click the website design currently being used (the default design can be identified with a *).
- Click the Settings button on the left of the screen.
- Enter your Id in the "Google Analytics Field", your id will be similar to: UA-xxxxxxxx-1.
- Click the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.
Setup Goal Conversions
Follow these steps to setup goal conversions:
- Copy the goal conversion code from Google Analytics.
- Edit the page you are wanting the goal to add the conversion code to.
- Click "Source" on the bottom on the right hand side and paste the code from Google Analytics just below the <head> tag.
When Google Analytics is installed using the above method, commerce tracking code will be automatically enabled. This feature must also be enabled from within your Google Analytics account.
Please note: You may get reduced conversion results when using "Hosted Payment Methods" such as PayPal where the user may not be redirected to the website.
Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your pages' visibility on Google.
Upload of Verification File
- Download the file provided.
- Edit your website's home page.
- Click the "Insert" option on the left side of the screen.
- Select the "From Media" button towards the top of the left-panel.
- Upload the verification file.
- Return to your Google dashboard to complete the verification process.