After providing a training / handover session, here's a quick checklist for use when launching new websites:
- Check the client's account contact details are entered correctly (via Dashboard > Settings > My Account).
- Ensure the account owner has admin access (Dashboard > Settings > Administrators).
- Check mobile devices to ensure the layout and mobile menu function correctly.
- Check all links and phone numbers on at least the home page, contact page, and in the header and footer.
- Run the link checker tool via Dashboard > Pages > Check Links.
- Check the sitemap in Incognito mode via www.website.com/sitemap, and hide any pages that shouldn't be displaying.
- For Commerce clients, ensure the notification e-mail address is set (via Dashboard > Settings > Commerce > Invoicing). Run a test purchase via the online store. An easy way to do this, is to configure the bank transfer / direct deposit payment method.
- Setup a favicon (more info here).
- Set SEO keywords and descriptions on at least the home page.
- Copy Google Tag Manager & FB Pixel from previous site.
- If they're moving from an old site, ensure Page Re-directors are setup from old addresses to new (Dashboard > Website > Pages > Re-directors).
- Check sizes of images and video for impact on load time and bandwidth / storage usage. The network tab of Google Chrome dev tools is a quick, easy way to check. Otherwise check out https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Clean up the colour palette (generating a design multiple times can cause this to get messy. Check by changing the background color of a section).
To Launch a Website:
Follow our go-live instructions here:
Note that it usually takes 1 to 3 hours for DNS to propagate, and for an SSL certificate to issue.
If anything goes wrong, reach out to support inbox and we'll prioritize you:
Run another test of the contact form to check enquiries reach the client's inbox.