POS Registration Form
This example is useful for in-store forms where a PC terminal or iPad is shared for electronic data capture. Users are not kept logged in, and they are redirected back to the form for subsequent submissions.
Possible applications are:
- In-store electronic feedback form at point of sale.
- Electronic competition form on an iPad at a trade show.
- Electronic form to join a birthday club.
- Any other type of registration form.
Create a new page for the form. You will likely want to create this at a location like /forms/competition/ or /forms/feedback/. Set the pages to be "Hidden in Navigation" and "Hidden in Sitemap", so that it isn't found easily by website visitors.
Editing the <ss:forms:form> tag, set the following attributes:
Set a unique ID to identify this form from others.
To register the user into the database.
To record a copy of the submission under Website > Pages > Forms.
To redirect the user to the success page.
The Success Page
The success page must have the following:
In the "Page Source", redirect back to the form. You can update the timeout and redirect URL.
In the PHP "Server Code", auto-logout the user.
- Ensure their consent is obtained for marketing.
- Consider capturing birthdays for automated marketing.