- 3min Explainer Walkthrough
- Page Management
- Page Editing
- Form Builder
- Updating Your Navigation Menu
- Understanding Posts
- Creating Post Categories
- Creating Your First Post
- Restricting Page Access
- Search Engine Optimization
- Setting Up Google Marketing Tools
- Optimizing Images For Web
- Third Party Embed Code
- Settings And Config
- Hosting a Sub Site
- Settings And Config
Hosting A Sub-Site
A sub-site allows you to add a satellite website to your account, which is accessed via a separate domain but managed through the same Oncord Dashboard.
A sub-site must be owned by the same company as your main (*primary) website.
Hosting a sub-site costs an additional $9.00 AUD per month.
It's worth noting that sub-sites are different to sub-domains. A sub-domain is an extension of your domain name, such as portal.mywebsite.com.au. Sub-domains can be used for separate Oncord accounts, and may also host sub-sites if you wish.
Sub-site vs. Separate Accounts
Before you setup a sub-site, consider the points below to decide whether your site should be a sub-site, or a separate new account:
1. Sub-sites should only ever be "satellite" offerings, like products or services offered by the primary brand. It should represent the same company.
2. Sub-sites share a contact and sales database with your primary website.
3. The shopping cart, payment process, unsubscribe page, product catalogue and all other non-editable system pages need to run from the primary website domain, rather than the sub-site. Those pages also need to use your default / main website design theme, rather than the design used by the sub-site.
4. Separating sub-sites from a main account in the future is a manual process that needs to be quoted by our project team. Therefore it's not a good idea to setup a sub-site for a business entity that will need to be separated out at some point (eg. as part of a business sale).
How To Host a Sub-site
1. Login to the dashboard, and click the "Settings" icon located at the bottom of the left sidebar.
2. Navigate to Domains > Park Registered Domain.
3. Enter the domain name, select the option "Host a sub-site" as the Domain Mode and click "Park Domain" to submit.
4. In order to point the domain name at Oncord, login to your domain registrar and enter these addresses as the name servers :