- 3min Explainer Walkthrough
- Generate a Design
- Page Management
- Page Editing
- Form Builder
- Updating Your Navigation Menu
- Understanding Posts
- Creating Post Categories
- Creating Your First Post
- Restricting Page Access
- Search Engine Optimization
- Setting Up Google Marketing Tools
- Setting Up Google Analytics 4 E-commerce Tracking
- Setting Up Microsoft Marketing Tools
- Optimizing Images For Web
- Third Party Embed Code
- Setup Affiliates
- Setup The Xero Integration
- Setup The MYOB AccountRight Integration
- Setup The Cliniko Integration
- Setup The Simpro Integration
- Setup The Xero Practice Manager Integration
- Setup Recurring Sales
- Setup The QuickBooks Online Integration
- Setup the Zoho Integration
- Setup The Eventbrite Integration
- Setup The GoSweetSpot Integration
Settings and Config
- Going Live
- Updating Your Billing Details
- Changing Your Oncord Plan
- Managing Administrators
- Registering a Domain Name
- Changing Your Domain Name
- Backing Up Your Website
- Choosing an E-mail Host
- Importing Via Imap
- Setting Up Gmail Hosting
- Setting Up Office 365 Hosting
- Setting Up Sub Domains
- Hosting a Sub-Site
- Temporarily Closing Your Store
- Settings and Config
Temporarily Closing Your Store
Your online store can be temporarily taken offline while you're away. While the store is offline your product catalog will still be available, so that there is no negative affect on your website SEO.
Taking the below steps will display a message on your individual product pages, replacing the order button and form.
to your website dashboard.
Click the Settings Icon in the bottom left nav bar.
Click the "Close Shop" link.
Specify the close and re-open dates. The re-open date field is not mandatory.
Personalize the message displayed to shoppers. You may wish to add a link to your contact page.
Save the settings.