Third Party Embed Code
Embed code can be used to embed other applications or services within your website.
Popular Third-party Applications:
*Please note - These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. We have no control over the content of the linked websites or associated third-party services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
- Google Analytics - An analytics platform that provides data about your website traffic and conversions.
- Google Tag Manager - A tool that provides a central place to help manage all the 'tags' and embed code that appears throughout the pages of your website.
- Calendly - An application to help schedule meetings.
- Hotjar - A website heat-map tool that helps you better understand how users behave on your site.
- Lightwidget - Add an Instagram gallery to your website.
- myPresences - Manage all your listings and reviews in one platform, and share to your website.
Where is Embed Code Added Within Oncord?
Depending on the application you are embedding on your website, the provided embed code will either need to be added to your website design theme, or to an individual page on your website.
We also provide a dedicated feature for embedding YouTube videos on your website.
How to Embed YouTube Videos
Oncord provides a drag-and-drop element specifically designed for adding YouTube videos to your website.
While editing a website page, simply click the "Insert" button on the left-hand side of the screen.
Drag-and-drop the "YouTube" element onto the page. Select the element, and click "Edit" to view its options in the left panel. Use the search function to browse YouTube for the video you'd like to embed, or simply copy / paste the video url from YouTube.
Add Embed Code to a Single Website Page
Where embed code only needs to appear on a specific web page:
- Edit the website page (Dashboard > Website > Pages, select the page to edit).
- Click the "Insert" button on the left-hand side of the editor.
- Drag-and-drop the "EMBED" element onto the page, dropping it in the location where you'd like the embed code to render.
- Click to select the newly added embed code element, and select "edit" in the blue dropdown menu.
- In the left sidebar, paste the embed code provided by your third-party application, and click "Apply".
- When you are happy, click the "Save" button at the top left of the page editor.
Add Embed Code to all Pages (Within your Design)
Where embed code needs to appear on all pages throughout your website, it should be added to your website design theme. As an example, Google Analytics and Google Tag manager both track data throughout all website pages, so the embed code for those applications needs to be added to your website design theme.
- Edit the website design (Dashboard > Website > Designs, select the design to edit).
- Click "SRC" in the left menu to view the source code of your website design.
- Paste the provided code in the location specified by the third-party application's help documentation.
- When you are happy, click the "Save" button located at the top left of the screen.
Tip: Third-party embed code often needs to be added just before the closing </head> tag, or just after the opening <body> tag. With the SRC view open, a search tool is available via the keyboard shortcut CTRL + F. You can then search the document for the html tag, add one or two line breaks above it for neatness by pressing enter on your keyboard, and then paste your code there.
Limit Embed Code Use
Embedding third-party applications on your website will reduce you page speed. So where possible, try to limit the use of embed code where possible, and consider removing applications that are no longer needed.