Third Party Embed Code
Embed code can be used to embed other applications or services within your website.
Popular Third-party Applications:
*Please note - These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. We have no control over the content of the linked websites or associated third-party services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
- Google Analytics - An analytics platform that provides data about your website traffic and conversions.
- Google Tag Manager - A tool that provides a central place to help manage all the 'tags' and embed code that appears throughout the pages of your website.
- Calendly - An application to help schedule meetings.
- Hotjar - A website heat-map tool that helps you better understand how users behave on your site.
- Lightwidget - Add an Instagram gallery to your website.
- myPresences - Manage all your listings and reviews in one platform, and share to your website.
- Elfsight - Provides a range of social and review widgets.
Where is Embed Code Added Within Oncord?
Depending on the application you are embedding on your website, the provided embed code will either need to be added to your website design theme, or to an individual page on your website.
We also provide a dedicated feature for embedding YouTube videos on your website.
How to Embed YouTube Videos
Oncord provides a drag-and-drop element specifically designed for adding YouTube videos to your website.
Add Embed Code to a Single Website Page
Where embed code only needs to appear on a specific web page:
Add Embed Code to all Pages (Within your Design)
Where embed code needs to appear on all pages throughout your website, it should be added to your website design theme. As an example, Google Analytics and Google Tag manager both track data throughout all website pages, so the embed code for those applications needs to be added to your website design theme.
Tip: Third-party embed code often needs to be added just before the closing </head> tag, or just after the opening
<body> tag. With the SRC view open, a search tool is available via the keyboard shortcut CTRL + F. You can then search the document
for the html tag, add one or two line breaks above it for neatness by pressing enter on your keyboard, and then paste your code
Limit Embed Code Use
Embedding third-party applications on your website will reduce page speed, and can also introduce challenges regarding data privacy (customer data is sent to a third-party).
So where possible, try to limit the use of embed code, and consider removing applications that are no longer needed.