Changing Your Domain Name
The "primary domain" is the primary url address where your website is located (your domain name).
If you would like to change the primary domain of your website, or perhaps if you entered your primary domain incorrectly when you first set up your site, take the steps below to change your primary domain.
Oncord will automatically re-issue an SSL certificate for the new domain, so there might be a brief period where website visitors will see an SSL error or "Privacy Warning". This usually clears in 10 - 30 minutes.
In order for the website to be live at the new domain, you must have ownership of the new domain name, with the domain name pointed at Oncord according to our go-live instructions. If you just registered a new domain name via the Oncord Domains Console, this will already be done for you.
- Login to your Dashboard.
- Click the "Settings" icon, located at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar.
- Select "Domains", followed by the "Park Registered Domain" button at the top of the screen.
- Complete the form with your new domain name details and click "Park Domain" at the bottom of the form.
- If this form submitted successfully, you will be redirected back to the "Domains" admin page.
- Right-click your new domain name in the domain names list and select the drop-down menu option "Make Primary".